COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) UPDATES FROM HOPE NATURE CENTRE
THE ANIMAL PARK IS OPEN DAILY FROM 10AM UNTIL 16:30PM, LAST ENTRY IS AT 15:30PM.
Hope Nature Centre remains OPEN for all trainees. View the Fairfield Farm College updates here.
OUR CAFE IS NOW OPEN DAILY FROM 9AM UNTIL 4:30PM.
Following the latest government guidance, we are delighted to be able to open our Cafe and Animal Park to the public again. We’ve got some important information detailed below, so you can understand how we’ll be managing the safety of our visitors and staff.
We ask that you reserve a ticket online in advance before visiting Hope Nature Centre. You simply then show your ticket on your mobile device at our Animal Park entrance. You can book your ticket here.
Our play equipment is open, including our brand new Adventure Play Area. We will require children to sanitise their hands before and after use. Hand sanitisation stations will be available near all play equipment.
Our Cafe is open, operating a reduced capacity and with a smaller menu so we can operate our kitchen safely. Please see our FAQ’s below for more information.
SPECIAL EVENT INFORMATION
We are running some special events over October Half Term including our Trick or Treat Trail and our Animal Experiences. All these events are based outside and with social distancing measures taken into account.
- You will need to pre-book a ticket to our Animal Experiences. You can do this here.
- A minimum purchase of 2 tickets is required to our Animal Experiences to ensure social distancing can be kept, with no more than 2 groups per experience. Maximum numbers for any group size is 5 people.
- In the event of a cancellation due to Coronavirus, we may refund or reschedule the event.
- Tickets are limited and on a first come first served basis.
a magical christmas covid-19 event information
- All tickets will be pre-book only, to ensure capacities are strictly adhered to.
- A maximum number of 4 groups per train will be allowed during any timeslot, to allow for social distancing on the train.
- Please be aware there could be a wait to see Santa/Mrs Claus due to the limited numbers that can be within the ‘Toy Workshop’ at any one time. Please wrap up warm as this wait will be outside.
- When queuing to visit Santa, please ensure you keep at least 2 metres distance from other families.
- Your meet and greet with Santa will be for your booking only, with a maximum of 5 people per booking. Because of this, time with Santa/Mrs Claus will be limited to 5 minutes per group.
- Facemasks for over 12’s must be worn throughout the experience.
- A 2-metre distance will be kept between families and Santa to ensure he can deliver parcels this Christmas, we’d hate him to have to self-isolate!
- A maximum party number of 5 per booking to ensure the ‘rule of 6’ can be adhered to.
- We ask visitors to sanitise their hands before entering the ‘Toy Workshop’ to see Santa and also prior to boarding the Snowflake Express train ride.
- If we have to cancel the event, a full refund will be given to the value of the tickets purchased, excluding the booking fees.
Please see below our FAQ’s.
ARE YOU OPEN?
Both our Animal Park and Cafe are open. Our Café and Animal Park will be operating with a reduced capacity and various measures in place to ensure your safety.
WHAT FOOD AND DRINK ARE YOU SERVING?
We are operating on a reduced menu for the time being, so we can operate our kitchen safely. There will be a selection of hot and cold sandwiches, cakes, sweet treats, and a range of drinks.
CAN I PARK?
Yes, we have ample parking available on-site.
WHAT IF FEEL ILL OR HAVE SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19?
If you are showing COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you postpone your visit to us. If you start to experience COVID-19 symptoms during your visit, we ask that you leave the premises and inform a member of staff by phone if possible.
WHAT MEASURES ARE YOU PUTTING IN PLACE FOR THE CAFÉ
We have plenty of signs around the Café, and we politely ask that you adhere to their instructions for the safety of you, your family, and our team.
We also have in place;
- Hand sanitisers are available within the Café.
- We are operating a one way system.
- We have increased cleaning in various areas of the Café and Toilets.
- Our staff have received training on COVID-19 prevention methods.
- We have created an implemented a COVID-19 risk assessment.
- Some staff may wear masks and visors if they wish to do so.
HAVE YOUR OPENING TIMES CHANGED?
No, our opening hours remain the same.
WILL YOU BE TEMPERATURE CHECKING STAFF AND VISITORS.
We will not be checking temperatures, but we do ask to postpone your visit if you feel unwell.
WILL I HAVE TO WEAR A FACE-MASK OR OTHER PROTECTIVE CLOTHING?
This is optional, and you are welcome to do so.
WILL I HAVE TO QUEUE TO ENTER?
Please be prepared to queue, as we only have limited capacities in place with the current Government guidelines.
ARE ALL THE TOILETS OPEN?
Yes, all our toilets are open and will be cleaned regularly.
ARE YOUR PLAY AREAS OPEN?
Yes, our play areas will be open from July 4th, although we do require hand sanitisation before and after using the equipment, and also ask for only 1 adult to accompany a child to any equipment.
To keep visitors, staff and each other safe, we’ve implemented some new safety measures. There will be plenty of signage around the park and also a guide on our park map which you will be given upon entry to our Animal Park.
Annual Pass holders do not need to buy a ticket. We have worked into our capacity an allocation for those with annual passes, so just turn up and show your pass to our ticket office.
Any Annual Passes bought before June 16th 2020 will automatically receive an extra 3 months added to their current pass. Simply keep your current pass and our Animal Park entry team will know when your pass expires with the new date.
If you’ve bought a new pass since March 19th 2020, we are still processing these, so there will be a short delay in getting these to you. If you show your email confirmation and a form of ID at the entry to our Animal Park, our team will be able to grant you entry for the number of passes you have purchased. We will be in touch as soon as your passes are ready to pickup.